Growth can happen in many, many ways and God has a way of stretching us all in different ways at different times. If you are feeling like you are ready to grow more in your relationship with God and deepen your level of spiritual maturity, here are some things you can try:
- Remember Matthew 22:37-39. Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as your self." Think of one part of your life routine that does not fit with either of these commands and work on bringing it closer to the goal.
- Be intentional with the Sunday Services. Be here with the purpose of looking for ways to learn and grow. Spend our time of music actually singing to God and letting Him know how grateful you are for what He has done for you and been to you. Listen to the messages looking for at least one thing that you can take home to work on throughout your week.
- Revisit the connecting step. Are you in a small group? Are you using that time to dig in to Scripture and discover God's best for your life?
- Start memorizing some Bible verses. Think of a topic that is meaningful to you such as forgiveness, peace, love, strength or some other area you would like to grow in. A quick internet search will bring up a list of relevant verses that you can pick from.
- Set aside a few minutes a day to be with Jesus. It may seem like a small thing, but taking a few minutes with Jesus to reset your focus and plan your day on His terms can make a huge difference in how we handle the various triumphs and struggles that we all face.
- Invest in someone else. This is often harder to think about than it is to do so it is helpful to pair this with the last point. Be intentional about helping others. Perhaps when you start your day, you can pick a person to serve in some way that day. Before you know it, you will find yourself getting in the habit of looking after others' interests as well as your own (Phil. 2:4). Besides, we have found that one of the best ways to dig out of our own moments of stress and frustration is to help someone else out of theirs.
- Enroll in next year's class School of Kingdom Ministry SoKM. This is a big commitment, but you will come out of it closer to God, more able to hear His voice, and more confident in your ability to relate Him to others.